How to apply(Closed)

The four partner universities, University of Prishtina (UP), University of Tirana (UT), South East European University in Tetovo (SEEU) and University for Business and Technology (UBT), are allowed to send 3 - three -  students each per semester (UBT 1 - one - student) to Gjøvik University College. That is 10 - ten - students in total.

The Application process

  1. Your local university inform the students about the Academic Exchange for Progress – program
  2. The students apply to their local university, to be one of three exchange students, and they will get approved based on a set of criteria, defined by AEP.
  3. When approved, the  local University, informs the AEP-programme
  4. The students must send an application to GUC. IT IS IMPORTANT that all documents required are available before deadline.

Application deadline for incoming exchange students to Gjøvik University College
- April 1 for the following fall semester
- October 1 for the following spring semester.

As part of the full application process you'll have to submit:

- a complete application form
- a transcript of record for the courses you have already taken at your home university
- a certified copy of your passport
- a learning agreement outlining the courses you wish to study at GUC and for how many credits (see “fields of study” for information about the courses). Remember to get it signed and stamped at your home institution before you send the documents to Gjøvik University College.

You find the application form and learning agreement at the GUCs homepage.

At the same time as you send your application to Gjøvik University College, you need to apply for housing as well. Apply for housing here.
Information on student housing you find here. If you have questions about housing, please mail all your questions to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.">

When approved and confirmation of housing is in order, AEP-programme issues a scholarship grant to the students.

 Please send the documents by regular post or e-mail to:

International office
Gjøvik University College
P.O. Box 191, N-2802 Gjøvik
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.">This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Visa application

The final step in the exchange process is to apply for a visa /residence permit,through the Norwegian Embassy in your homecountry. For Macedonia - please contact the Norwegian Embassy in Serbia or the Danish Embassy in Macedonia.

Deadline for visa application is June 1st for fall semester and October 15th for spring semester.

We advise you to apply as early as possible, in order to secure housing during your stay.

The process proceeds as follows:
1. Apply to GUC
2. Apply for housing
3. Apply for a visa. You need to be approved by GUC and have a place to stay as well as a letter from the AEP Program before you can apply for a visa.

Residence Permit/Student Visa
Students from the EU/EEA (European Economic Area) countries staying for more than three months are required to apply for a residence permit from the Police Authorities. They may apply after arrival in Norway, but to avoid problems when entering the country they are advised to show a document testifying that they are accepted as students at Gjøvik University College.

Students from EU/EEA countries who plan to stay in Norway for a period of less than three months, and students from the other Nordic countries do not need a residence permit. All other prospective students must apply for a student residence permit in their home countries through the nearest Norwegian embassy or consulate. (Please note that students who, for one reason or another, fail to do so will be required to return home.) In many cases a visa for entry into Norway will also be required. Students are advised to begin the process of application as early as possible.

In order to be granted a student residence permit, all international students must present the following documents to the appropriate authorities:
• Valid passport
• Letter of admission from Gjøvik University College
• European Health Insurance Card (students from EU/EEA countries)
• Documentation of sufficient funds for the period of time spent in Norway or for the first academic year.
• Documentation of satisfactory accommodation in Gjøvik

A student residence permit is issued for a maximum period of one year at a time.
Further information on the rules concerning residence permits for studying in Norway is available from Norwegian service missions abroad, or from:

The Norwegian Directorate of Immigration
Postbox 8108 Dep.
N-0032 OSLO
Tel: +47 23 35 15 00

gjovikupseeutubtcrimsonaitastikkathene p